By waking up the American Left,
it is the mission of The Left Call
to promote and defend social liberalism.
The Left Call Platform
- True universal health care (Medicare for all) so that no American citizen goes broke or dies due to lack of health care coverage.
- Increase the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour so that nobody working a full-time job is forced to live in poverty.
- Implement a new FDR-style Works Progress Administration (WPA), putting people to work rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure.
- Expand and protect the future of Social Security by lifting the cap on taxable income.
- Reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act (1932), separating commercial and investment banks, protecting the banking assets of millions of Americans from Wall Street speculation.
- Overturn the Supreme Court “Citizens United” ruling, by constitutional amendment if necessary. Money does not equal speech, because for that equation to be true it would mean some have more speech than others, which is clearly not compatible with our democratic ideals.
- Two term limit (12 years) for members of the U.S. Senate, and four term limit (8 years) for members of the U.S. House of Representatives. There is something to be said for experience in navigating the in and outs of Washington D.C., but nobody should have a career in the Senate or House.
- America will no longer default to unilateral military action, but instead will consult with allies on how to engage with bad actors and world aggressors. War should always be a last resort.