October 31, 2012 by David K. Sutton
The Lying Romney
Mitt Romney and the Romney campaign will do whatever it takes to win the presidential election. Facts and convictions be damned. Everything is on the table, including flip-flops and lies. Here are just a few examples of “The Lying Romney.”
- To undermine Obama’s successful rescue of the American auto industry, Mitt Romney falsely claims Chrysler plans to ship Jeep manufacturing jobs to China.
- During the first presidential debate, Mitt Romney said, “I don’t have a five trillion-dollar tax cut [plan].” Oh but you do Mr. Mittens.
- Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan have worn out the false claim that President Obama stole $716 billion from Medicare to fund Obamacare.
- Romney lied when he said Obama provided $90 billion in breaks to green energy companies and that half of these companies went bankrupt.
- When the Obama campaign attempted to restore early voting for all Ohio voters, Mitt Romney falsely claimed that they instead were attempting to deny early voting to members of the military.
- The “You didn’t build that” lie by Mitt Romney and Republicans.
- Again, on the “You didn’t build that” lie, Romney says Obama “wants Americans to be ashamed of success.”
- Mitt Romney, speaking at the NRA, says the Obama administration’s “attack on freedom extends even to rights explicitly guaranteed by the constitution, the right to bear arms.”
- Romney repeatedly states that President Obama has made the economy worse even though we know the economy was at its depths in late 2008 and early 2009.