March 28, 2016 by David K. Sutton
15 Promised Outcomes By Candidate Donald Trump
If you move beyond the nationalism and xenophobia fueling his rise, another reason Donald Trump has been so successful is because he doesn’t get bogged down in the details. He refuses to get into the weeds because he knows that is not the purview of his audience. Donald Trump instead promises outcomes like an authoritarian strongman. All of his campaign speeches, once you get past his personal congratulatory rhetoric, revolve around a set of results absent any explanation for how they will be achieved. Here are 15 “explain it as a child” outcomes The Donald promises during his stump speeches.
1. Build a “beautiful” wall on the southern border, and make sure that “Mexico will pay for it.”
2. Stop Muslims from entering the country until we “figure out what is going on.”
3. Get rid of Common Core because it’s a “disaster.”
4. Strengthen our military to make sure that “nobody’s going to mess with us.”
5. “Bomb the shit out of ISIS.”
6. Kill the relatives of terrorists.
7. Bring back manufacturing jobs from countries like China.
8. “Be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”
9. Cut the budget by 20 percent.
10. “We’re going to keep winning. We’re never going to lose. We’re never, ever going to lose.”
11. Deport 11 million undocumented immigrants.
12. “Will take care of women.”
13. Repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “terrific.”
14. Arm more “good guys.”
15. Make America great again.